Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trusting Your Inner Wisdom

I keep a card on my desk -- the one you see here. It helps me remember that I need to trust my inner wisdom, and that I need to trust my intuition. You see, it is in this intuition that I believe I hear the voice of God.

That may sound arrogant to some, but I think that when we are in tune with ourselves and our spiritual nature, we can indeed feel God's presence and experience God's nudging. No, I don't believe that God is a divine puppeteer engineering and planning everything that happens in our lives. But I do believe that while we have free will, God will nudge us toward that which is good and right and best for us. By the same token, God can nudge us away from that which is not.

God loves us so much that God wants us to experience life in all its abundance. And for some folks that is very difficult. But I do believe that for many of us, this abundant life is possible. We know that we want more, but we are often stopped by the fear of the unknown, the fear of failure, the fear of what we stand to lose, forgetting or failing to see what might be gained. So we live our lives in constant "intention" mode -- I was going to do that or be that or dreamed of that -- and we don't take the actions to make them happen.

Sometimes circumstance forces us to action, but for most of us, we can keep going along like we always have, not listening for God, not trusting our inner wisdom, not making the changes in our lives that will truly bring us life abundant.

This is what spiritual direction and life purpose coaching is all about. It's listening for God's gentle nudge and then taking the actions needed to live into that holy and abundant life. It's about conquering the fears that are holding us back from being our best and brightest and most incredible selves.

Trust your inner wisdom and begin to see the amazing life God has for you to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment